Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956) Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Six Principles of Magic
1. Every magician has a beautiful vision for the world.
2. Every system of magic is a single artists tool, used to reshape reality.
3. If you believe, it shall exist.
4. When you call, they will answer.
5. Success and failure, is one and the same: ignorance and depression is the enemy.
6. Be like all equally, and you shall unite; refuse and separate.
The Book of Thoth refers both to the Short Essay on the Tarot of the Egyptians written by Aleister Crowley as well as to the deck itself. The Essay describes the philosophy and symbolism used in the Thoth Tarot deck, as well as providing a rather thorough overview of Crowley's magickal doctrine.