Saint Augustine (354-430) Give me chastity and continence, but not yet.
Six Principles of Magic
1. Every magician has a beautiful vision for the world.
2. Every system of magic is a single artists tool, used to reshape reality.
3. If you believe, it shall exist.
4. When you call, they will answer.
5. Success and failure, is one and the same: ignorance and depression is the enemy.
6. Be like all equally, and you shall unite; refuse and separate.
Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ: A Gnosis Christian Kabbalah
This book will appeal to anyone interested in mystic Christianity or Christian Kabbalah. The main impetus of the book is a study of the Sephiroth of the Tree of Life from the perspective of esoteric Christianity with a Gnostic flavour. As a result much of the symbolism given will be familiar to anyone who has studied Qabalah within the Western mystery Tradition.
However the emphasis on the interplay of the aspects of divinity like the Shekinah and Jesus (Yeshua) provide an interesting alternative to the usual perceptions offered. The minor inconsistencies in the explanations of Kabbalistic symbolism are largely due to the attempts to place Jewish Kabbalistic ideas within a Christian Kabbalistic framework.
These niggles aside, the depth of exploration of the Tetragrammaton and the archangels is refreshing, and it is good to see the ideas applied evenly throughout the spectrum instead of at the expense of important aspects like the Shekinah. A thought-provoking book that is worth looking at for anyone interested in Qabalah.
Added: October 9th 2005 Reviewer: Thoth Score: Related Link:Review Source Hits: 5319 Language: english